Sunday, December 6, 2009

Reflections

It has been over three months now since I began learning about and exploring the unique and interesting neighborhood, the Mission. Upon my first visit, I was both overwhelmed and surprised by the beauty and friendliness that I found here, and i greatly enjoyed myself during that, and every other visit, after. Though the district is plagued by gangs and violence, I can see the love for the community present in the hearts and minds of those locals which I have had the pleasure to talk to over the months. Walking the streets now, I am somewhat saddened that my adventure here is over, however, I realize with happiness that in fact, it does not have to come to an end. I will absolutely continue my exploration of the Mission as long as I am a resident within this great city, of that much I am sure. The one highlight of my time here that sticks out in my mind would be the afternoon I spent in Dolores Park, chatting and meeting just a few of the interesting and warm residents of the area. You can learn so much just from simply spending an hour or two in this lovely place. I would also like to note my favorite Mexican restaurant out of the few that I was able to try, that restaurant being El Farolito. I highly recommend a visit here if you are looking for tasty, relatively inexpensive, Mexican cuisine. And so, with great food, people, culture, and an overall pleasant atmosphere, I know many more visits to the Mission will be in my future!

No comments:

Post a Comment